Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Diane Ertell On Casady Geneology

The following comes from an email from Diane Ertell. She is working on the "Casady" line and is asking for help:

By the way, I was watching “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” the other night. He is really a Parker who used the name Cassidy – where our grandmother (Nonnie) is a Parker who married a Casady, but there is no relation; just interesting coincidence. Nonnie grew up in Salt Lake. “Butch’s” father emigrated from England and raised his family in Centerville - not too far from Salt Lake.

Anyway, if anyone in the family wishes to pursue the Casady line or is already doing so, I’ll take all info anyone has. (Isn’t this what old aunts in the family are supposed to do… turn into family historians? I always figured when I turned old – like 50 – I would begin doing genealogy. Interesting that our Stake calling to serve in the FHC came when I had just turned 52. Also strange, 50 no longer looks or feels that old… now that I “are one.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?