Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Catherine Wounded in Barbaric Attack

Once again, here is Catherine's latest from 7/24/06:

Bueno, I thought I was sick of talking about the crazy dogs of San Louis and maybe I was. But then as we went to knock a house the other day, my annoyance was turned to fear and a bit of rage in a quick moment. We approached the two houses, appropriately protected by tall bars and gate. Behind it, two "k-9" attack dogs barked and barked as if we were coming to take them away. The woman, came to the front, calmed the dogs enough to tell us she had never heard of the familia Diaz that we were looking for. We turned from the noise of the two dogs and walked past the other house that had five dogs in front, with two outside of the gate. I thought, "oh I should´ve asked her if we can teach her." As I turned to see if she was still there, three of the neighboring dogs, went more crazy, thinking I was looking at them. One charged me and barked at my ankles. The words, of my trainer came to my mind, "Just keep walking and don´t swing your scripture case at them." How shocked was I when he bit me! I screamed and ran to my companion whom had already left the barking ludicrous. "he bit me! he bit me!" I yelled. We examined the damage but were happy to see, that though he had bit and ripped through my skirt and favorite Lane Bryant tights,there was no blood. I yelled in my frustration and laughter, "Satanas, you may have kept me from talking to that woman, but you wont´keep me from talking to everyone I see on the walk home!" And we did.End result, I suffered an ugly bruise no más. But, sorry mom, your tights that yes, have lasted the MTC and more than a year in the mission without running, finally were ripped:(

Attended my first real Consejo del bArrio or WArd Council Meeting. It was even more fun in Spanish! When I got a little bored,and even a little lost, I just started imagining what everyone else was thinking. Hermano Arenas,recently reactivated and newly called Elders Qourum counselor, "Gee, I hope we still have some Milanesa left over." Hermano Alvarez, Elder´s Qourum presidente,"Did I turn the burner off?" Hermana Hernandez, Young Women´s presidenta, "Pucha, Im the only sister who came in pants!" And then all the while, dear Obispo Valazquez is talking and talking, ""We just gotta get organized! Thats the key-Will somebody PLEASE tell me whats going ON here! Will somebody just PLEASE give me one bit of inFormation!" I finally just raised my hand and said, " we have a baptism next week after the stake primary activity. Can you all come?" We received references and then left when the relief Society started negotiating for two saturdays on the ward calender. It was great.

Thank you for your faith in your prayers! Everyone has told me that this is the hottest Winter they´ve ever seen. It is absolutely unheard of. Sure we have really cold days, and even as I write this letter, I have pants under my skirt and wear three shirts. But for every cold miserabley cold day, there are two or three days of lovely sun. When they tell me about how hot it is, I just smile, because I know it is due to your prayers. We have transfers tomorrow, and we are expecting real changes. Elder Molina, whom will go home with me, reminded me that this is our third to last transfer. Incredable. Im trying hard, and am really a lot more healthy. My clothes are even starting to fit again.I love you all.Cath

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?