Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Montezuma's Revenge Strikes Princess!

Below is the latest from Catherine free from arrows!

Dear Family

I´ve been quite sick the last few days. My companion also. Thursday afternoon the sandwiches the family Arenas had given us hit my system first (gracias a fast metabolism). Within twenty-four hours my companoin as well. We were confined to our beds and the bathroom. It was fun in some weird ways, like...how well we know each other now. And how much of the book of mormon I read. But for the most part, just picture that part on Other Side of Heaven when the Elder is passed out on the beach and the relief boat comes. Well thats how I felt until our District leader, (Eler Molina from Chile whom looks like Prince) came to our house with Vegtables and potatos. I won´t tell you how much I didnt´eat or details but know that your prayers carried me through. My companion and I made it through and the ward took care of us. We are looking forward to working "a todo chancho" this week.

Conscerning the mundial or World Cup, don´t worry, I have bought a gorro (beanie) that says Argentina on the forehead, to look more latina. When Argentina didn´t win, we couldn´t leave because the fireworks and screams were first of joy and then of absolute despair. Everyone already thinks that Im from Allemania so the District leader thought it would be best if we waited out the despair in the air and wait to proselyte. We all know it was the grace of our Heavenly Father that Argentina didnt´win because we were really slowed everytime there was a game. So, I say "vamos Argentina," but in my heart, "gracias Germany."

I think this is the third fourth of July I have spent away from home. Last year was in Provo, we watched fireworks over BYU. And two years ago I was
in a London singles Ward. They called us Yankees there as well as here. Next year, I say BBQ or bust in the heat of Southern California! Yeah.

Bueno, my creativity is spent. I´ll write something inspirtational next week. My letters should arrive within a few days. Thank you for your prayers. This next chapter in my mission is admitedly a challenge. Life is a challenge. But Im seeking the love our Savior and feeling the Spirit when I serve others. If the mission is a 4x4, I feel I just received the baton and am seeking the final stretch. Okay, now the peptno bismo iswriting. HOpe you have a good week

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?